• FM: Frequency range 76 ~ 109MHz, tuning step 50KHz
• Size: 15.8 * 17.8 * 2.4 mm
• Weight: 1.35g
• The AT command control (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT command set)
• SIM Application Toolkit
• Supply voltage range: 3.4 ~ 4.4V
• Low power consumption
• Operating temperature range: -40 ~ + 85 ℃
At the heart of the module is a SIM800L GSM cellular chip from SimCom. The operating voltage of the chip is from 3.4V to 4.4V, which makes it an ideal candidate for direct LiPo battery supply. This makes it a good choice for embedding into projects without a lot of space.
All the necessary data pins of SIM800L GSM chip are broken out to a 0.1″ pitch headers. This includes pins required for communication with a microcontroller overUART. The module supports baud rate from1200bpsto115200bpswith Auto-Baud detection.
The module needs an external antenna to connect to a network. The module usually comes with aHelical Antennaand solders directly to NET pin on PCB. The board also has a U.FL connector facility in case you want to keep the antenna away from the board.